Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, the Operations Project Lead will be responsible for managing specific projects which have a beginning, an end and specified deliverables. This includes establishing the project plan, monitoring the progress and performance against the project plan.
- Oversees the management of the annual integration capital budget deployment for laboratory operations stream (Ensure strategic alignment to the future state vision and national strategic plan)
- Work with lab operations management to prepare business cases in order to deploy expenditure of the annual/integration capital budget
- Accountable for the implementation of projects that support timely execution of the project plan for BCIP including but not limited to test equipment installation and validation, lab renovation and/or relocation activity
- Identify opportunities for improvements based on understanding the current state and the future state vision and performing gap analysis
- Create and Maintain KPI dashboards for BCIP. Monitor and keep up to date metrics on safety, quality, delivery and cost.
- Provide timely status reporting including detailed progress reporting on projects which are led directly. Escalate issues that put the project plans at risk
- Develop and maintain effective lines of communication with team members and stakeholders
- Degree in a related field, (Medical Laboratory Technology, Science, etc)
- Post graduate/degree in Healthcare Administration (preferred)
- PMP certification or working towards
- At least 3 years demonstrated Project Management or Project Engineering experience
- Must have prior experience with medical/lab equipment
- Experience with Cost budgeting/management
- Experience with Cost/Benefit analysis
- Intermediate level with MS Office Suite including Excel, Microsoft Project and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge or Lean Principles and 6 sigma
- Strong communication skills
Getting a job as a project manager can be a challenge. Just because you obtained your certification does not guarantee you a well-paying 6 figure salary. You have to earn that. The best way to earn that is to look for those opportunities that really peak your interest. It is when you’re having fun doing what you love to do that your performance will shine and the respect as a legitimate Project Manager will come out.
Remember your training, don’t be afraid to ask your peers for advice and above all, don’t be afraid to take a risk and take that next step.