Obtaining the PMP Certification is probably one of the best things you can do to establish yourself as a legitimate and professional Project Manager. The PMP designation is recognized world wide and is highly sought after.
To apply for the PMP, you need to have either:
- A secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree, or the global equivalent) with at least five years of project management experience, with 7,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education.
- A four-year degree (bachelor’s degree or the global equivalent) and at least three years of project management experience, with 4,500 hours leading and directing projects and 35 hours of project management education.
Some links to help you in your decision:
- PMP Handbook
- PMP Downloadable Application Form
- PMP Examination Content Outline
- Certification Agreement
- PDU Activity Reporting Form
- Online CCR System (claim PDUs)
As always the PMI.org site is always the goto site for complete details