Balancing the amount of time you put into work with the other areas of your life is important to an overall healthy existence. Your family, friends, physical and mental health al needs attention just as much, if not more, than your professional life.
Be mindful of just how much time you spend “working”. As a Project Manager you know how important that things get done at a certain time, what the critical priorities and tasks are for a successful project. Put that same effort and knowledge into the other areas of your life.
Some quick thoughts:
- This is not a race, take the time to stop and “smell the roses”
- Are you giving the attention to your personal goals
- What is the priority you have assigned to your family and friends? Do they get the same attention as the critical path items?
- Do you really take a break from work or do you stay connected?
- When is the last time you “played” and had “fun”?
- Who is ultimately responsible for your happiness and fulfillment in your life?
- Do you know the power behind a simple word – “No”?
- Do you protect your private time?